Sunday, November 20, 2016

Liver Fry-Dry Version

I remember last year this month I was completely on rest as I had a ligament problem.There was fluid inside my knee,due to which I had great difficulty in walking ,even moving a little.My Hubby and my daughter had to hold me and I also needed a walking stick.

    Day by day things got more complicated.Uppa,who had come for two weeks (to extend his visa ),had to extend his stay for another two weeks seeing my condition.Food was mainly from my brother in laws family and sometimes from restaurants.Ummi and my sisters used to call every now and then.Days went by with Doctors,X-rays,Scans,medicines and physio therapies.There was great moral support from all.I had full trust in my Lord, and His plans,so completely tawakkuled in Him.
         Now,today all that may seem to be a nightmare but for me it has given me more of a good/positive energy to know my Lord closer,my loving family,friends and relatives closer and how things can change or our health conditions can change all of a sudden and so on...
         Aah now onto today's recipe-Liver Fry,I have made this fry completely dry, but the taste was superb with the other combined ingredients.We had this as a side with Roti and Green Peas curry.On to the recipe: 
Ingredients 
Liver(Beef or Mutton)  500 g 
Chilly powder 1/4 tsp 
Pepper powder  1 tsp
Garam masala powder  1/4 tsp
Green chillies   2 slit
Garlic Pods      5-6 slit lengthwise
Tomato  1 large cut into round slices
Curry leaves  1 sprig 
Salt    as needed
Oil     to shallow fry
Procedure
-Wash the chunk pieces thoroughly under running water, at the end you can add some turmeric and  little vinegar and keep for a few minutes.Again wash it off well.Drain out the excess water and keep aside.
-In a Pressure Cooker add the pieces and chilly powder mix well and keep on medium-high flame for 2-3 whistles .
-When the steam is completely released and the pieces are cooled cut them into cubes,add Salt,Garam masala and pepper powder.Keep it aside.
-Heat oil in a frying pan,add slit Garlic,the green chillies and Curry leaves.When light brown take this out and add the tomato slices.When soft take this out without breaking.
-Now add the marinated pieces and shallow fry for 2-3 minutes till all sides turn light brown.Take this out and mix with the other ingredients and serve.








  

10 comments:

  1. Hello. just came across your blog.. liver fry looks delicious... my favourite as well... we make liver fry with a little gravy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you have overcome all hurdles... I often make it with mutton liver

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy!!!my husband loves mutton..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling okay and strong at the same time.Blessed for such a wonderful support from the family. I love liver, infact I have saved it after making chicken curry. Gonna make do for this tempting liver fry. Loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it ..never tried fry version

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alhamdulillah... It is so good to hear that things are better now for you in every way... :) Not a fan of liver and actually never tried mutton or beef liver...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alhamdulillah good to see you back in good health .Not a fan of liver but hubby limes it this way . delicious prep!!😍👌

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry to hear what you had to go through. I hope that you are doing well now.

    This dried liver dish looks very tasty. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Friends...
Thank you for your visit and thanks a ton for your lovely comments....
So always keep in touch with your valuable comments and suggestions....
It means a lot to me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...